[Haskell-community] Request for comment: New haskell.org download page

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 28 07:59:44 UTC 2015

I said it privately, but it's deserved publicly: thank you very much John, I know you're putting a lot of effort into making the best decisions possible here. I agree with your call on this for now, and will continue the discussion when I have something to add in the (probably near) future.
Yes, thank you John!  There are lots of considerations here, for different classes of users and purposes, and it’s been extremely helpful to have you chair the discussion and bring it to a conclusion.

I think the debate will also provide helpful guidance for what we want the new HP to do, to make the new story simpler to tell than the current one.

Anyway, thank you.

Simon