[Haskell-community] Request for comment: New haskell.org download page

John Wiegley johnw at newartisans.com
Sat Sep 26 18:59:53 UTC 2015

> With this approach, I think we can give very concrete advice to new users,
> collapse the download options down significantly, and streamline the
> community efforts on installers substantially. In the short term: we keep a
> link to the HP at the bottom of the page, explaining that it ships with more
> packages than minimal installers, and that in some cases it can be difficult
> to upgrade those packages.

> As a side note, this is not terribly different from what I proposed
> originally in my pull request[2].

I think that in the interests of time, I'm going to close this discussion now
(thanks for all who sent second round votes by e-mail), and will go with the
following order, to be published by Monday:

    Minimal, Stack, HP

We can open follow-on discussions after that to tweak the page with whatever
clarifications or simplifications we feel are necessary.  The only remaining
edits to be applied are the clarifications from Mathieu, and to finish out the
bottom of the page (the third-party stuff).

John