[Haskell-community] Request for comment: New haskell.org download page

Gershom B gershomb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 16:01:26 UTC 2015

On September 24, 2015 at 11:58:17 AM, Michael Snoyman (michael at fpcomplete.com) wrote:

> I do respectfully disagree with your arguments here: I don't know of any
> experienced user who wants to specifically use the platform and wouldn't be
> able to find it without a link on the downloads page[1]. Furthermore, the
> line of reasoning of "someone may want it" means that we should also
> include about a dozen other download options on the page…

I have personally spoken with many many people who want to find that link on the downloads page. Certainly they _could_ google for it, but they are used to going to the homepage, and clicking download, and finding it.

Certainly the haskell.org homepage should be accessible to new users, but it genuinely does service others as well, and anything we do should bear that in mind.

—Gershom