[Haskell-community] (no subject)

Gershom B gershomb at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 19:26:56 UTC 2015

Dear all,

The Haskell.org committee held a board meeting on 10 November, where
we approved a formal set of bylaws and conflict of interest policy.
The resolution passed is available online at:
https://wiki.haskell.org/wikiupload/9/9c/Haskell-org-board-res.pdf

The purpose of this was to formalize our structure so as to operate
properly as an incorporated nonprofit entity whose business is
conducted in accordance with 501(c)(3) of the 1986 IRS code. We
received a letter from the IRS on 10 December indicating that our
exempt status has been approved.

We have been, and remain, an associated project of Software in the
Public Interest, a nonprofit association, which has held our assets
for us. The desire to incorporate on our own was so as to be able to
bring our resources under more direct control. We hope that this is an
initial step in being able to be more active and responsive with
regards to haskell.org resources. As a first step, a transfer of some
of our funds held by the SPI has now been made to a direct haskell.org
account.

I intend to update the committee page on the wiki to reflect the
changes to our structure:
https://wiki.haskell.org/Haskell.org_committee

Warm Regards,
Gershom Bazerman,