[Haskell-cafe] Package takeover: bzlib

Andrew Lelechenko andrew.lelechenko at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 19:36:54 UTC 2024

Spam detection software, running on the system "mail.haskell.org", has
@@CONTACT_ADDRESS@@ for details.

Content preview:  Thanks a ton, Duncan! > On 9 Mar 2024, at 19:20, Duncan Coutts
   wrote: > > Done! > > https://hackage.haskell.org/package/bzlib/maintainers/
  like to take over `bzlib` package (https://hackage.haskell.org/package/bzlib).
   twice in Aug 2023 and Oct 2023, but never heard back. Earlier Duncan granted
   me rights for `tar` and `zlib` packages, so I imagine he is just exceedingly
   busy. >> >> `bzlib` package has been on life support by Hackage Trustees
  for many years with a fork maintained at https://github.com/hackage-trustees/bzlib.
   While I can do another non-maintainer upload in my Trustee hat, I’d like
   to seek a more permanent solution and maintain `bzlib` back to its canonical
   home at https://github.com/haskell/bzlib (which I already have access to).
   is HSEC-2024-0002 (https://github.com/haskell/security-advisories/pull/157,
   https://github.com/hackage-trustees/bzlib/issues/4), which identifies a security
   vulnerability in `bzlib`, thus raising a need for urgent update. >> >> Best
   regards, >> Andrew > [...]

 pts rule name              description
 0.0 FREEMAIL_FROM          Sender email is commonly abused enduser mail provider
                            (andrew.lelechenko[at]gmail.com)
-0.0 SPF_PASS               SPF: sender matches SPF record
 5.0 UNWANTED_LANGUAGE_BODY BODY: Message written in an undesired language
 0.8 BAYES_50               BODY: Bayes spam probability is 40 to 60%
                            [score: 0.4999]
 0.0 T_DKIM_INVALID         DKIM-Signature header exists but is not valid