[Haskell-cafe] Technical Working Group: Call for Volunteers

Jose Calderon jmct at haskell.foundation
Tue Jan 2 19:05:22 UTC 2024

Hello,

The Haskell Foundation Technical Working Group (TWG)
<https://github.com/haskellfoundation/tech-proposals/blob/main/proposals/PROPOSALS.md>
serves as an advisory organization for both the HF management and the
Haskell community as a whole, by evaluating specific proposals for projects
that can have broad, ecosystem-wide effects. These proposals can be:

   - Community RFCs that seek the community’s input on a project
   - Community projects that will be executed primarily by the proposer,
   but seek administrative or financial support from the HF
   - HF projects that a community member would like us to execute
   - Other topics of relevance to the community

Volunteers wanted!

We presently have three openings on the working group, and we’re seeking
volunteers. Members are expected to attend a monthly meeting, to
participate in and moderate discussion threads regarding specific
proposals, and to evaluate proposals for their technical merits. From time
to time, committee members may also be asked to help a community member
revise their proposal. The ability to communicate well and respectfully is
important for any potential member.

These discussions have a real impact on the Haskell ecosystem, so this is
an opportunity to give back in a meaningful way.

If you are interested, or if you know someone who might be, please get in
touch with me at director at haskell.foundation! You don’t have to be a
long-term Haskeller, or someone who is deeply embedded in Haskell
development - we have members with this background already. If you are
unsure as to whether you would fit in, please get in touch, and we can have
a chat about it. We would like to have members with diverse backgrounds,
professional experiences, and knowledge. All self-nominations must be
submitted by the end of the day on Jan 12th 2024.
Best wishes,

Jose