[Haskell-cafe] Package Takeover: Hexpat

Pavan Rikhi pavan.rikhi at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 16:45:19 UTC 2024

Hi, as per the "Taking over a package" wiki page, I am sending this message
as I would like to takeover basic maintenance of the hexpat package:

https://hackage.haskell.org/package/hexpat

I have attempted to reach the original author from multiple of their
publicly available addresses 3 weeks ago & have gotten no response.
The last commit to the package was over 7 years ago. I have submit multiple
PRs to fix compilations to their repository with no response:

https://github.com/the-real-blackh/hexpat/pull/13
https://github.com/the-real-blackh/hexpat/pull/14

The hackage trustees have applied some of these, but co-maintainership by
me would mean less work for them, and eventually code changes will be
required to keep the package compiling:

https://github.com/haskell-infra/hackage-trustees/issues/363
https://github.com/haskell-infra/hackage-trustees/issues/394

Pavan Rikhi