[Haskell-cafe] Speeding up trivial programs

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 19:19:28 UTC 2024

I think I'd be reconsidering _any_ design involving running an external
program many times like that, to be honest. Dragging in potential fork
delays and other overhead that a benchmark probably won't show you doesn't
appeal.

On Fri, Aug 23, 2024 at 3:16 PM Henning Thielemann <
lemming at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Aug 2024, Iustin Pop wrote:
>
> > On 2024-08-23 11:49:26, amindfv--- via Haskell-Cafe wrote:
>
> >> I'm working on a small program that has to run many, many times, as
> >> quickly as possible (yes, it needs to be a standalone program).
> >
> > I'd reconsider this "needs". Or, I'd reconsider the use of Haskell.
>
> Or a tiny stand-alone low-level program that communicates with a server
> written in Haskell?

brandon s allbery kf8nh
allbery.b at gmail.com