[Haskell-cafe] How can I get in touch with Stan maintainers?

Tom Ellis tom-lists-haskell-cafe-2023 at jaguarpaw.co.uk
Thu Sep 28 11:34:14 UTC 2023

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with the Stan maintainers?

Stan is a static analysis tool for Haskell.  Its maintainers seem to
have stopped supporting it after the GHC 8.x series because the GHC
API changed too frequently for them to want to keep making
adjustments.

Last year I did quite a lot of work to bring Stan and its dependencies
up to 9.4.  I made a PR to the Stan Github repo last month:

https://github.com/kowainik/stan/pull/506

I haven't heard anything from the maintainers.

The only maintainer I know of is Veronika Romashkina.  I've sent her a
private email about this but had no response.  Does anyone know how I
can get in contact with Veronika or another Stan maintainer, if there
is one?

I would be willing to be a comaintainer for Stan and the rest of the
Kowainik ecosystem (if only to make sure they continue to work with
future GHCs).

Thanks,

Tom