[Haskell-cafe] ANN: shelltestrunner 1.10
simon at joyful.com
Tue Sep 12 16:18:50 UTC 2023
I'm pleased to announce shelltestrunner 1.10 !
shelltestrunner (executable: `shelltest`) is a portable, GPLv3+
command-line tool for testing command-line programs or shell commands.
It reads simple test specifications defining a command to run, some
input, and the expected output, stderr, and exit status.
It can run tests in parallel, selectively, with a timeout, in color, etc.
The last release was 1.9, in 2018. The 1.10 release has been overdue;
it brings some useful improvements, notably --print mode (with which
you can convert old format 1 tests to the cleaner, recommended format 3),
and precise line number reporting (to quickly locate the failing test).
User-visible changes in 1.10 (2023-09-12):
* GHC 9.6 compatibility (Andreas Abel)
* Add --print for printing tests and/or converting file format (#24, Jakob Schöttl)
* Add --shell option to select shell (#17, FC Stegerman)
* Fix format1's handling of angle brackets in test data (#16)
* Print test line number on failure (#14, Taavi Väljaots)
* Add -p short flag for --precise
* -h means --help, not --hide-successes
* Clarify 300 char regex limit message
* Set up CI testing (#18 FC Stegerman, Simon Michael)
* Improve bash-related tests (#20, FC Stegerman, Simon Michael)
* Improved tests
Thanks to release contributors:
Jakob Schöttl, Taavi Väljaots, Felix C. Stegerman, and Andreas Abel.
$ stack install shelltestrunner-1.10
$ cabal update && cabal install shelltestrunner-1.10
More information about the Haskell-Cafe