[Haskell-cafe] heterogeneous container smart constructor question

Zoran Bošnjak zoran.bosnjak at via.si
Tue Sep 5 18:23:02 UTC 2023

The example I gave was simplified. A real problem contains several other complications which makes this simple solution not practical.

There will be some generated code with several dozen of such cases (schemas). I want to keep them all in one GADT, such that I can use common code to manipulate them. This is why EList was introduced for 'Extended' container.

Another problem comes from some other container types which I did not mention before. I already have mapping from
IList to other container types (not mentioned in my mail), like

grp1 :: Group '[0, 1, ...]
grp1 = mkGroup (Item @0 &: Item @1 ... &: nil)

In my case, the IList seems like universal data type to construct other items (as long as types are properly aligned). It's very convenient from application writer perspective.

So, if at all possible, I would like to map from IList to EList.