[Haskell-cafe] STOP THESE PATHOLOGIES... [Was: ANT 2024 CFP (December 4, 2023 ... etc.]

Jerzy Karczmarczuk jerzy.karczmarczuk at unicaen.fr
Mon Nov 27 13:41:41 UTC 2023

Le 27/11/2023 à 10:21, Jeremy Gibbons gently reacts  to an inacceptable
response of Mr. Ali Benzerbadj addressed to Ivan Perez and the Haskell
language communities, concerning sending irrelevant messages to our
mailing lists. Jeremy writes:

> I don’t see that any of these are “related to Haskell”. Has there ever
> been any paper mentioning Haskell at any of these conferences? Do
> their calls for papers mention functional programming? If these
> conferences are not “related to Haskell”, then their announcements do
> not belong on the Haskell mailing list.
>
> Jeremy

==

Jeremy, please... It is plainly obvious that Mr. A.B has no idea what
Haskell is... :

>> On 27 Nov 2023, at 07:28, Ali BENZERBADJ
>> <ali.benzerbadj at univ-temouchent.edu.dz> wrote:
>>
>> /.../ Are you the admin of the mailing list? *I assume that Haskell
>> is the one who assesses the relevance of announcements. **If the
>> topic doesn't interest you, just ignore it, and that's it.*

I send a copy of my posting to Mr. Benzerbadj, since I am certain that
he doesn't read */any /*of numerous lists, where he dumps his spam.
Otherwise he would recognize that Haskell is the name of a programming
language, and the Mystical Administrator and the Spirit of all those
lists is called Curry (well, I know that in Algeria people ignore Curry,
because they employ more powerful spices, e.g.,   Ras-El-Hanout, but a
university lecturer and Publicity Chair of a world-wide conference in
Belgium, should be more cosmopolitan!)

BTW, the staff of the advertised conference is very, very international,
you will find therein even some Belgians, for example Ansar-Ul-Haque
Yasar, Muhammad Adnan, and  Ibad Kureshi. I believe that they could have
helped  Mr. Benzerbadj with the selection of the mailing lists which
would accept his announcements with true joy, gratitude, and enthusiasm.

Speaking about gratitude...
We should thank Mr. Benzerbadj for the broadcasting of news about this
important conference, which covers many fascinating and cutting-edge
domains! I was particularly interested by the last item: "General
Track", whose name already promises a world-changing revolution!

Also, the tracks:
  - Context-awareness and Multimodal Interfaces
  - Human Computer Interaction
  - Smart Environments and Applications
are for me of paramount importance, seriously! For example, the
context-aware interaction between your humble servitor and my laptop,
encouraged me to install a really smart environment, which permitted my
multimodal interfaces to filter away and throw to Limbo (Jahannam,
Gehenna, etc., choose your favourite place) all messages by Mr.
Benzerbadj [and similar], so I couldn't even know that he became a
Person of Interest.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk

--
Cet e-mail a été vérifié par le logiciel antivirus d'Avast.