[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] Copilot 3.17

Ivan Perez ivanperezdominguez at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 08:23:43 UTC 2023

Hi everyone!!

We are very excited to announce Copilot 3.17 [2]. Copilot is a stream-based
EDSL in Haskell for writing and monitoring embedded C programs, with an
emphasis on correctness and hard realtime requirements. Copilot is
typically used as a high-level runtime verification framework, and supports
temporal logic (LTL, PTLTL and MTL), clocks and voting algorithms.

Copilotis being used at NASA in drone test flights. Through the NASA tool
Ogma [1] (also written in Haskell), Copilot also serves as a runtime
monitoring backend for NASA's Core Flight System, Robot Operating System
(ROS2), and FPrime (the software framework used in the Mars Helicopter)
applications.

This release introduces compatibility with what4 versions up to 1.5.1, and
replaces several functions in copilot-core. The second change is a breaking
change: the functions replaced have been deprecated and new alternatives
introduced instead.

As always, we're releasing exactly 2 months since the last release. Our
next release is scheduled for Jan 7th, 2024.

In our last announcement, we mentioned that Copilot has received full
approval for release as NASA Class D open-source software. Current emphasis
is on increasing test coverage for the two remaining libraries without
tests (copilot-libraries and copilot-theorem), removing unnecessary
dependencies, hiding internal definitions, and formatting the code to meet
our new coding standards. Users are encouraged to participate by opening
issues and asking questions via our github repo [3].

There have been many updates on the Copilot front in the last few months.
We'll be able to announce more soon. Stay tuned. Happy Haskelling!

Ivan

[1] https://github.com/nasa/ogma

[2] https://github.com/Copilot-Language/copilot/releases/tag/v3.17

[3] https://github.com/Copilot-Language/copilot