[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] [ANNOUNCE] GHC 9.2.8 released

Zubin Duggal zubin at well-typed.com
Fri May 26 14:06:00 UTC 2023

The GHC developers are happy to announce the availability of GHC 9.2.8. Binary
distributions, source distributions, and documentation are available at
[downloads.haskell.org](https://downloads.haskell.org/ghc/9.2.8).

This release is primarily a bugfix release addressing one issue
found in 9.2.7:

- Fix a bug with RTS linker failing with 'internal error: m32_allocator_init:
   Failed to map' on newer Linux kernels (#19421).

We would like to thank Microsoft Azure, GitHub, IOG, the Zw3rk stake pool,
Well-Typed, Tweag I/O, Serokell, Equinix, SimSpace, Haskell Foundation, and
other anonymous contributors whose on-going financial and in-kind support has
facilitated GHC maintenance and release management over the years. Finally,
this release would not have been possible without the hundreds of open-source
contributors whose work comprise this release.

As always, do give this release a try and open a [ticket][] if you see
anything amiss.

Happy compiling,

- Zubin

[ticket]: https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/issues/new