[Haskell-cafe] GPT & Haskell

Yasuaki Kudo yasu at yasuaki.com
Fri Mar 31 21:37:59 UTC 2023

I am really curious - is it possible to create a programming language designed from the ground up to be used by GPT and similar tools?

- Easy to specify the desired outcome
- Easy to verify results

I tried GPT4 to produce COQ proofs of Yoneda Lemma but it could not even complete the interfaces (without implementation) - they failed to compile, by being tripped up by implicit parameters etc.

But GPT4 gets much closer to completion compared to GPT3.5

I wonder what "GPT-native" programming language might look like😄

-Yasu