[Haskell-cafe] Basic list exercise

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 22:05:38 UTC 2023

The correctness argument he was referring to was about understanding code
in an educational context. The relevance is that Data.List.sort breaks up
the input list into maximal "runs" of ascending or descending elements, to
take advantage of any pre-existing organization. It then merges up runs
rather than individual elements.