[Haskell-cafe] Just released: cabal 3.10.1.0

Mikolaj Konarski mikolaj at well-typed.com
Mon Mar 13 10:53:45 UTC 2023

Dear cabal users and contributors,

The cabal team is proud to announce the release of cabal 3.10.1.0.
This is mainly a bugfix release, but it has some new features and
enhancements as well. The thread about the release, including
troubleshooting and porting discussions, is at

https://discourse.haskell.org/t/just-released-cabal-3-10-1-0/5978

The changelogs and release notes are at

https://github.com/haskell/cabal/blob/master/release-notes/cabal-install-3.10.1.0.md

and, if your code depends on the Cabal library, at

https://github.com/haskell/cabal/blob/master/release-notes/Cabal-3.10.1.0.md

Two backward (in)compatibility notes may be of particular interest:
the XDG Base Directory Specification (conditionally) replacing
~/.cabal and the `--enable-documentation` option by default added to
all `cabal haddock` invocations. Please look them up at the links
above.

Let me finish by thanking our esteemed benefactors, past and present,
contributing code, devops, testing, feedback, comments. Representing
these are the authors of all PRs included in the 3.10.1.0 release,
honourably mentioned in the list of fame below.

Abastro
Alexander Biehl
Alexey Radkov
amigalemming