[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] Copilot 3.14

Ivan Perez ivanperezdominguez at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 21:58:02 UTC 2023

(Apologies if you see this through multiple channels.)

Hi everyone,

I’m very excited to announce Copilot 3.14. Copilot is a stream-based EDSL
in Haskell for writing and monitoring embedded C programs, with an emphasis
on correctness and hard realtime requirements. Copilot is typically used as
a high-level runtime verification framework, and supports temporal logic
(LTL, PTLTL and MTL), clocks and voting algorithms.

Copilot has been used at NASA in drone test flights. Through the NASA tool
Ogma [1] (also written in Haskell), Copilot also serves as a runtime
monitoring backend for the requirements elicitation tool FRET [4], and can
target NASA’s Core Flight System and the Robot Operating System (ROS2)
applications.

This new version provides up-to-date compiler support, simplifies the API,
and improves the documentation. For details, see [2].

As always, we’re releasing exactly 2 months since the last release. Our
next release is scheduled for May 7th, 2023. We have almost completed the
C99 unit tests, and plan to include those in the next version. Copilot is
currently undergoing the qualification process necessary for NASA Class D
Software. Current emphasis is on increasing test coverage, removing
unnecessary dependencies, hiding internal definitions, and formatting the
code to meet our new coding standards. Users are encouraged to participate
by opening issues and asking questions via our github repo [3]

There’s been many more updates on the Copilot front in the last few months.
We’ll be able to announce more soon. Stay tuned.

Happy Haskelling!

Ivan

[1] https://github.com/nasa/ogma

[2] https://github.com/Copilot-Language/copilot/releases/tag/v3.14