[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] NASA's Ogma 1.0.7

Ivan Perez ivanperezdominguez at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 17:34:01 UTC 2023

Hi everyone!

I'm really excited to announce the release of Ogma 1.0.7!

Ogma is a NASA tool that facilitates integrating runtime monitors or
runtime verification applications into other systems. Ogma extends
Copilot [1], a high-level runtime verification framework that generates
hard real-time code.

In spite of the small increase in the version number, the feature
included in this version is big: we now generate monitors for Robot
Operating System (ROS 2) applications.

Use cases supported by Ogma also include generating monitors directly
from requirements specified using a structure natural language
framework, and producing NASA Core Flight System (cFS) monitoring
applications.

For more details, including videos of monitors being generated and flown
in simulators, see:
https://github.com/nasa/ogma

* Releases

Ogma is released as a collection of packages in Hackage. The entry point
is https://hackage.haskell.org/package/ogma-cli.

* Code

The github repo is located at: https://github.com/nasa/ogma.

* What's coming

The next release is planned for March 21st, 2023.

Ogma is currently undergoing the qualification process necessary for
NASA Class D Software. Apart from the changes required by that process,
we also have the following in our roadmap:

- Extend ROS 2 monitors with further information about sources of
  violations.

- Add tests to generated code.

- Simplify NASA cFS monitor generation process.

Happy Haskelling!

Ivan

[1] https://github.com/Copilot-Language/copilot/