[Haskell-cafe] KSF Media Ab hiring Senior Developer in Helsinki, Finland (repost)

Kari Pahula kari.pahula at ksfmedia.fi
Fri Feb 24 12:16:54 UTC 2023

This was posted already once in November:

https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2022-November/135687.html

We got a second open position.

KSF Media is Finland’s largest Swedish language news media group. Our
products include Hufvudstadsbladet, Västra Nyland, Östnyland and HBL
Junior. KSF Media’s digital products are growing fast and our focus is
in digital subscription sales and product development.

We are now looking for a new member to join our digital development
team to create outstanding news media products for our readers. We are
a small but capable team with a lean way of working and passion to
learn new things every day.

Our way of working

• Kanban
• Pair Programming, Code Reviews
• Git, CI/CD (multiple deployments a day), Trunk Based Development
• Working in the open. Our whole frontend is open source:
https://github.com/KSF-Media/affresco and
https://github.com/KSF-Media/mosaico

Our stack
• Most new developments happen in Haskell, PureScript and Javascript
• Cloud Infrastructure as Code (Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Terraform)
• Microservices environment with REST APIs

What we expect from you is some relevant work experience and

• English language. Swedish or Finnish knowledge is a plus
• Knowledge of the principles behind the modern Web stack: things like
MVC, Relational Databases and Testing
• High motivation, self-steering, willingness to learn and dive into
things, good social skills and good sense of humour
• Interest in functional programming, news media and making the world
a better place
• Awareness of some UX principles, API design (and optionally UI
design) and empathy for the users of your code
• This job opportunity requires the successful candidate to relocate
to Finland and offers a hybrid work arrangement, combining remote work
and on-site presence.

What we can offer
• Competitive salary and benefits
• The best co-workers
• Office in the most central location in Helsinki
• Flexible terms, with possibility to remote working

Interested?

Please apply via LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3498430755> or drop a line at
antti.haarala at ksfmedia.fi no later than on the 10th of March.