[Haskell-cafe] Attoparsec.ByteString.Char8 or Attoparsec.ByteString for diff output?

Pedro B. pedroborg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 17:32:48 UTC 2023

Dear Listers,

I am developing a program to parse dif output taken from stdin (as in
diff file1 file2 | myApp) or from a file. I am reading  the input as
ByteString in either case and I am parsing it Attoparsec. My question
is, Should I use Data.Attoparsec.ByteString.Char8  or
Data.Attoparsec.ByteString?

So far, I've been  using Data.Attoparsec.ByteString.Char8  and it works
for my sample files, which are in utf8 or, latin1, or the default
Windows encoding.

What do you suggest?

Note: I sent this question previously to the beginners list, but someone
suggested to me privately to send it to this  list.
Regards,

Pedro Borges