[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] Yampa-0.14.1

Ivan Perez ivanperezdominguez at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 08:37:36 UTC 2023

Dear all,

I'm happy to announce the release of Yampa 0.14.1!

Yampa is a fast, elegant Functional Reactive Programming implementation.
Yampa prides itself in being a long-standing community project. It has
now been around for 20 years!!!

This is probably the largest release to the Yampa project in a decade:
The unit tests for all of Yampa's public API are now complete. Many of
the new tests are implemented using QuickCheck, and care has been taken,
whenever possible, to express the properties based on the
continuous-time (FRP) interpretation of Yampa's primitives and
combinators.

Hopefully, this battery of tests will help speed up the process of
accepting new features and changes, and will free resources that can be
dedicated to investigating other issues.

See https://github.com/ivanperez-keera/yampa#features for details on
Yampa's features.

* Summary of Version 0.14.1

- Complete remaining unit tests for all public API.
- Fix typo in documentation.- Fix broken links in documentation.

As always, Yampa and yampa-test are released in sync. For details,
see:

- https://github.com/ivanperez-keera/Yampa/releases/tag/v0.14.1
- https://github.com/ivanperez-keera/Yampa/blob/develop/yampa/CHANGELOG
- https://github.com/ivanperez-keera/Yampa/blob/develop/yampa-test/CHANGELOG

* Releases

You can explore the current versions at:
- https://hackage.haskell.org/package/Yampa
- https://hackage.haskell.org/package/yampa-test

* Code

The github repo is located at: https://github.com/ivanperez-keera/Yampa

* What's coming

This release comes exactly 2 months after the last release. The next
release is planned for Apr 7, 2023.

There are several issues open that you can contribute to:

https://github.com/ivanperez-keera/Yampa/issues

Following our roadmap, the pending changes remain as follows:

- Full conformance to style guide.

- Removal of unnecessarily exposed elements from the interface (e.g.,
  FRP.Yampa.Arrow.arr3) that are not used and belong in other libraries.
  This topic is open to discussion.

- Benchmarks: Facilitate making sound, evidence-based decisions about
  suggested improvements to the implementation, by completing a series
  of benchmarks.

- New mailing list: We will in the future lose access to Yale's CS
  department-based mailman list, and are thinking of the best place to
  move the mailing list to.

* Donations

Our project is now seeking donations to help continue developing Yampa,
create new open source libraries, new material, and give talks.

Special thanks go to @johannes-riecken for sponsoring my work on the
Yampa project with a regular contribution.

Github will match the first 5K donated, so if you donate $1/month,
github will donate the same amount.

No donation is too small. Any contribution will absolutely help.

See https://github.com/sponsors/ivanperez-keera for details.

If you can help, please come forward.

All the best,

Ivan