[Haskell-cafe] Package takeover request for socks

Markus Läll markus.l2ll at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 18:27:57 UTC 2023

Hi

I would like to take over maintainership of the socks package (as in the
SOCKS network proxy protocol). Vincent announced archiving the package in
September[1] (I'm also cc'ing him here). The github repository is here[2].

Unless there are objections, my plan is to simply maintain it under my own
github account, because when I took over rapid, I created a new github
organization for it. But until there are other people interested in
contributing, then having an org for each library is not worth it IMO.

[1] https://twitter.com/vincenthz/status/1704395906374889934
[2] https://github.com/vincenthz/hs-socks

--
Markus Läll