[Haskell-cafe] debugging <<loop>> exception

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 01:50:10 UTC 2023

<<loop>> doesn't produce line numbers, since it happens at STG level
while evaluating a thunk: it overwrites the entry point with the
<<loop>> exception before evaluating it, so if the thunk is
immediately re-entered, the <<loop>> is thrown. This is better than
entering a tight loop, but not much easier to debug.