[Haskell-cafe] GPT & Haskell

Ivan Perez ivanperezdominguez at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 15:37:13 UTC 2023

My two cents:

- ChatGPT knows not just Haskell, but also specific libraries like Copilot (
https://github.com/Copilot-Language/copilot/) and the FRP library Yampa (
https://github.com/ivanperez-keera/yampa). Here's an example:
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10161505593168357&set=a.427589328356

- At NASA we have systems (https://github.com/nasa/ogma) that help us
transform structured natural language into Copilot. ChatGPT may help us go
from unstructured NL to Copilot. We've tried it with properties like the
ones we use in actual work and it produces something that is 95% of the way
there. With the compiler for type checking, plus simulators and other tools
for debugging, this could really accelerate the process. Obviously we'd
need to check the result, etc. (which we already do regardless of who
writes it). We are studying this direction atm.

Ivan