[Haskell-cafe] Cabal: other-modules necessary?

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Fri Sep 16 08:47:47 UTC 2022

Hi

The cabal user guide says (in section 6.2.12): "Every module in the package
must be listed in one of other-modules, library:exposed-modules or
executable:main-is fields."

However, I only get a warning message, when I comment out the other-modules
field in my .cabal file. The program compiles. This is the message:

<no location info>: warning: [-Wmissing-home-modules]
    These modules are needed for compilation but not listed in your .cabalĀ
    file's other-modules:
        Hsskripte Sicherung SicherungAktionen Text Wahl Zeit

Is it really necessary to specify all the imported modules? If so, why does
the program compile? Can that warning message be turned off?

Apart from that, I'm happy with cabal.   :-)

Cheers,
Volker