[Haskell-cafe] Upcoming maintenance on Haskell services
bryan at haskell.foundation
Tue Nov 22 11:13:41 UTC 2022
On Thursday 24 November at 6 AM UTC, I will start a 4-hour maintenance
window for the following Haskell services:
In particular, I expect the following outages:
1. downloads.haskell.org will be read-only for the duration of the window.
* No uploads
2. gitlab.haskell.org will be read-only for the duration of the window.
* No CI pipelines(!)
* No git pushes
* No commenting on issues or merge requests
3. gitlab.haskell.org will furthermore be entirely inaccessible very briefly.
* There will be 1-2 outages.
* Each outage will last a few seconds.
The reason for the maintenance is that our hosting sponsor, Equinix
Metal, is performing a facilities migration. One of our servers,
gitlab-storage, is slated for retirement. All data and services that
run on that server must be moved to a new server.
I'm sending this first notification to a wide audience as an extra
precaution in case something goes wrong. :) In reality, I expect this
maintenance to only affect GHC developers and a small group of
ecosystem maintainers. In particular, web access of
https://downloads.haskell.org should *not* be affected by this
I will send further updates to a smaller audience.
Note: The actual migration will be quick. Most of the maintenance
window will be spent waiting for DNS propagation.
Haskell Foundation DevOps
More information about the Haskell-Cafe