[Haskell-cafe] CIS 194 not compiling under new GHC

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 17:41:40 UTC 2022

The changes needed to make it work should be minor. Since you call out the
chapter on monoids, any Monoid instance now needs a Semigroup instance.

Before:

instance Monoid X where
  mappend a b = ...
  mempty = ...

Now:

instance Semigroup X where
instance Monoid X where
  -- mappend no longer needs to be defined
  mempty = ...