[Haskell-cafe] [template haskell] Sharing names between constructors and types

Tom Smeding x at tomsmeding.com
Fri May 20 06:11:15 UTC 2022

A `NameG`, the constructor of `Name` that your name probably has, has a
`NameSpace` field that indicates in what namespace the name lives. See
the documentation:
https://hackage.haskell.org/package/template-haskell-2.18.0.0/docs/Language-Haskell-TH-Syntax.html#t:NameSpace

If you have the name of a type (with namespace `TcClsName`) and want to
use it as a data constructor (which normally has namespace `DataName`),
you probably need to change the namespace.

- Tom