[Haskell-cafe] Accessing a MinGW/MSYS2 shell from Setup.hs

Hécate hecate at glitchbra.in
Sat Mar 26 07:54:52 UTC 2022

Hi everyone,

I am writing a custom Setup.hs to do an Autotools build for a bundled
library. This is easy everywhere with `process` _except_ Windows,
because I can't get a shell with the Autotools in them, despite there
definitely being one.
`process` gives me a cmd.exe shell, which wouldn't know about the
Autotools, and on Windows, _any_ GHC installation has to have certain
POSIX stuff available, which is why it bundles MinGW.

Is the shell I get from that accessible from Setup.hs, via `process` or
otherwise?

Cheers,
Hécate

--