[Haskell-cafe] Retro/indie Haskell to appreciate

Vanessa McHale vamchale at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 16:56:48 UTC 2022

Hm found some more!

HBC - compiler for Haskell 1.4 https://www2.ki.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de/doc/html/hbc/hbc.html <https://www2.ki.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de/doc/html/hbc/hbc.html>

JHC - just for fun http://repetae.net/computer/jhc/ <http://repetae.net/computer/jhc/>

HLearn - an ambitious, Haskell-y project https://github.com/mikeizbicki/HLearn <https://github.com/mikeizbicki/HLearn>

Kansas Lava - part of the classic, Haskell+Hardware https://ku-fpg.github.io/software/kansas-lava/ <https://ku-fpg.github.io/software/kansas-lava/>

rx looks quite fun! Gotta study those grammars myself…

tidal - not so retro but seems indie? cool spirit I think? http://tidalcycles.org <http://tidalcycles.org/>

http://hakaru-dev.github.io/intro/quickstart/ <http://hakaru-dev.github.io/intro/quickstart/>

https://kittenlang.org <https://kittenlang.org/>

https://www.egison.org <https://www.egison.org/>

^ not so retro but cool languages with a good spirit

https://wiki.haskell.org/ThreadScope <https://wiki.haskell.org/ThreadScope>