[Haskell-cafe] How to override binary package

☂Josh Chia (謝任中) joshchia at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 15:33:48 UTC 2022

Hi,

Given that binary is one of the packages that comes with GHC, it seems that
it can't be overridden with my own version using the standard ways (e.g.
extra-deps in stack.yaml), at least not easily.

On GHC 9.2.3, using stack, I would like to use my own version from my
github repo. I've tried extra-deps referencing the github repo commit and
it did not work; judging by the behavior of some functions, I was still
getting the standard binary package instead of my own version. Is there a
way to override?

Josh