[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Copilot 3.10

Joey Hess id at joeyh.name
Tue Jul 26 13:53:02 UTC 2022

Richard O'Keefe wrote:
> How hard would it be to use Copilot with ESP32 boards,
> using their C SDK libraries for I/O?
>
> The RPi Pico is also a candidate for the project we've just
> submitted a grant proposal for.  The Pico has "PIO" and the
> ESP32 chips have "ULP" and they are both basically very low
> power finite state machines that can handle basic I/O while
> the main CPU(s) is(are) dead to the world.

zephyr-copilot can be used to program both ESP32 and RPI Pico, since the
Zephyr project supports both. I've only spent a few weeks developing
zephyr-copilot so far, and so it only supports a very small subset of
what Zepyhr can do with these boards.

Zephyr does not appear to support PIO/ULP yet though. The disadvantage
of using a general-purpose RTOS rather than board-specific SDKs.

Seems that it's possible to use Arduino to program ULP, via
https://github.com/duff2013/ulptool so I do think it would be possible
to use arduino-copilot or something like it to program these
coprocessors.

--
see shy jo