[Haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCE] GHC 9.4.1-rc1 is now available

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Sat Jul 23 03:30:28 UTC 2022

George Colpitts <george.colpitts at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Ben,
>
> I expected https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/issues/21506 (ghc-9.4.1-alpha1
> does not install on macos: ghc-pkg-9.4.0-20220501 cannot be opened because
> the developer cannot be verified) to be fixed in rc1 but it is not. Are my
> expectations wrong? What is the ETA for fixing it?

Thanks for letting us know, George. The fix that we have [1] is present
in 9.4.1-rc1. If that commit doesn't resolve the issue then there is
something that we don't understand. Does `/usr/bin/xattr` exist? Running
`xattr -rc` manually on the binary distribution allow you to run the
compiler?

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/commit/641972d65b476aac11424bde6c3bcfda1c65aef5