[Haskell-cafe] how to set extra-lib-dirs for a dependency in a stack project?

Johannes Waldmann johannes.waldmann at htwk-leipzig.de
Sun Jan 30 17:28:55 UTC 2022

Hi.

> In cabal.project you can add:
>
> package C
>    extra-include-dirs: /usr/local/C/include
>    extra-lib-dirs: /usr/local/C/lib

yes. That way I can build with cabal only (not stack)
and I need to copy all my extra source repo locations
from stack.yaml to cabal.project
(and then need to maintain both files)OK, it's an option that I will
consider.

> Are B and C part of Stackage?
>
> It sounds as if they are not.
>
> If so, then why would you want to build with 'stack', at all?

A has lots of other dependencies. For specifying their versions,
I'd like to rely on  stackage's  resolver.

- J.