[Haskell-cafe] Request for a presentation on Haskell

Ivan Perez ivanperezdominguez at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 06:36:52 UTC 2022

On Sun, 18 Dec 2022 at 22:29, Jonathan Drews <jondrews at fastmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 18, 2022 at 08:02:35PM -0800, Ivan Perez wrote:
> > Jonathan,
> >
> > [...] I am a complete novice
> programmer and I was able to write a simple program to evaluate double
> integrals. I did this after reading Scott Walck's book and Miran
> Lipovaca's book. Look, this is something I never could get to work in

Nice!

>  Anyway Ivan, you could do a future presentaion on the games and other
> routines you wrote in Haskell. It's going to take more than one talk
> for most people to get the hang of Haskell and functional programming.

Sounds good. Let me know. Talks about games are relatively easy to do on a
shorter notice (2-3 weeks are good). Talks about my NASA work may require a
longer heads up because they require going through a formal approval
process (4 weeks are good).

All the best, and welcome to the Haskell club :)

Ivan