[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] Yampa 0.14

Ivan Perez ivanperezdominguez at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 13:56:20 UTC 2022

Dear all,

I'm happy to announce the release of Yampa 0.14!

Yampa is a fast, elegant Functional Reactive Programming implementation.
Yampa prides itself in being a long-standing community project. It has
now been around for almost 20 years!!!

See https://github.com/ivanperez-keera/yampa#features for details on
Yampa's features.

* Summary of Version 0.14

- Introduce new type constraint in functions that use VectorSpaces in
  order to support simple-affine-space 0.2. This is a breaking change,
  and may require applications to update code on their side providing
  new instances.

- Unit tests in the yampa-test library for 2 more modules have been
  completed.

As always, Yampa and yampa-test are released in sync. The CHANGELOGs are
available at:
https://github.com/ivanperez-keera/Yampa/blob/develop/yampa/CHANGELOG
https://github.com/ivanperez-keera/Yampa/blob/develop/yampa-test/CHANGELOG

* Releases

You can explore the current versions at:
https://hackage.haskell.org/package/Yampa
https://hackage.haskell.org/package/yampa-test

* Code

The github repo is located at: https://github.com/ivanperez-keera/Yampa

* What's coming

This release comes exactly 2 months after the last release. The next
release is planned for Feb 7, 2023.

There are a number of issues open that you are more than welcome to
contribute to:

https://github.com/ivanperez-keera/Yampa/issues

Following our roadmap, the pending changes remain as follows:

- Complete tests: Our goal is to speed up the process of accepting new
  features and changes by having a comprehensive test suite that catches
  errors early. By automating the tests, we hope to free resources that
  can be dedicated to investigating other issues.

- Full conformance to style guide.

- Removal of unnecessarily exposed elements from the interface (e.g.,
  FRP.Yampa.Arrow.arr3) that are not used and belong in other libraries.
  This topic is open to discussion.

- Benchmarks: Facilitate making sound, evidence-based decisions about
  suggested improvements to the implementation, by completing a series
  of benchmarks.

- New mailing list: We will in the future lose access to Yale's CS
  department-based mailman list, and are thinking of the best place to
  move the mailing list to.

* Donations

Our project is now seeking donations to help continue developing Yampa,
create new open source libraries, new material, and give talks.

Special thanks go to @johannes-riecken for sponsoring my work on the
Yampa project with a regular contribution.

Github will match the first 5K donated, so if you donate $1/month,
github will donate the same amount.

No donation is too small. Any contribution will absolutely help.

See https://github.com/sponsors/ivanperez-keera for details.

If you can help, please come forward.

All the best,

Ivan