[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] plutus-simple-model-0.3 - minimal library to test Plutus/Cardano applications

Anton Kholomiov anton.kholomiov at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 12:32:05 UTC 2022

I’m happy to announce the release of a new version for plutus-simple-model
<https://github.com/mlabs-haskell/plutus-simple-model>. It’s a minimal
library to write test for Plutus/Cardano applications. It’s easy to use and
blazing fast. We use it extensively in Mlabs City to test our Plutus
applications.

The new release is focused on those main features:

   - Reduce dependency set to make it as lean as possible. It depends only
   on plutus and cardano-ledger.
   - Support for Babbage era (use new features available in Vasil)
   - Support for Plutus V2 features (inlined datums, reference inputs,
   reference scripts, forward to redeemer, etc)
   - Write tutorial <https://mlabs-haskell.github.io/plutus-simple-model/>
   and update Hackage docs

The main thing is Plutus V2 support. Also with cutdown on the list of
dependencies it becomes
much easier to update and use. I have removed big deps like plutus-apps,
ouroboros and cardano-node. With this rewrite also it became 10 times
faster.

Links:

github repo: https://github.com/mlabs-haskell/plutus-simple-model

tutorial: https://mlabs-haskell.github.io/plutus-simple-model/