[Haskell-cafe] RFC: removing “alternative installation methods” from haskell.org (or finding them owners)

MigMit migmit at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 14:58:33 UTC 2022

Web IDEs are useful sometimes, but they do not actually produce an executable. Having something you can ONLY run on the Web is not a great thing for a newbie.

At the same time, a simple installer (e.g., DMG on Mac) that can be clicked through is usually a familiar thing, IMHO.

App Store would be nice for a GUI app, but I'm not sure a compiler can get there at all.