[Haskell-cafe] RFC: removing “alternative installation methods” from haskell.org (or finding them owners)

Bardur Arantsson spam at scientician.net
Sun Apr 3 17:57:47 UTC 2022

On 03/04/2022 19.34, Tom Ellis wrote:
> Well, good question, but back at you: who are you discouraging from
> Haskell by keeping a large number of complex, unmaintained, possibly
> completely wrong, installation instruction on the Downloads page?

I have no strong feelings either way, but would it perhaps be viable to
just leave that "Alternative installation options" as a simple link to a
separate page perhaps be sufficent to guide people to use either of the
two 'main' options while still leaving the alternatives semi-documented?
Has that been considered?

(I think just adding a disclaimer that the 'alternative methods' are not
supported per se, but perhaps simultaneously encouraging corrections
might be a way to lessen the maintenance burden?)

Regards,