[Haskell-cafe] RFC: removing “alternative installation methods” from haskell.org (or finding them owners)

Tom Ellis tom-lists-haskell-cafe-2017 at jaguarpaw.co.uk
Sun Apr 3 12:35:44 UTC 2022

On Sat, Apr 02, 2022 at 06:23:59PM -0400, Ivan Perez wrote:
> In particular, the PPA-based installation method for Debian/Ubuntu/Mint
> that HVR used to maintain was excellent. It's still my preferred method
> (even though it's not maintained). I don't know where you are getting info
> about which project is used more or less, and I fear there may be a strong
> bias.

Thanks Ivan.  As a user of the Ubunto PPA would you be willing to
become an "owner" of the documentation of that method on the Downloads
page?  As an owner you would be responsible for ensuring the
information on the page stays up-to-date, making timely corrections
when necessary, and handling user issues about the information.  The
first issue to handle is the following:

https://github.com/haskell-infra/www.haskell.org/issues/16

Tom