[Haskell-cafe] Model beverage

Daneel Yaitskov dyaitskov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 15:56:08 UTC 2022

Hi List,

I came to Haskell from Java. At the beginning I was trying to map
traditional notions of mainstream languages onto the FP world as “How to
replace inheritance and late binding?”, etc.

If Java developers drink coffee, then what is the model beverage for
haskellers?

“Psyllium Husk” fits the role, because besides phonetic similarities, the
beverage is lazy (the recipe is simple - mix powder with water) and
immutable (goes through the intestinal tract largely unaltered). Plus it is
far off mainstream.

--

Best regards,
Daniil Iaitskov