[Haskell-cafe] Cabal or stack in 2021 ?

Daniel Trstenjak daniel.trstenjak at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 17:02:03 UTC 2021

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 11:34:42AM +0200, Alexis Praga wrote:
> It turns out it can easily be installed with:
>     cabal  install —lib xmonad xmonad-contrib

If you need xmonad-contrib you most likely have your own xmonad
configuration, in which case it's IMHO even simpler to define
a cabal project for your xmonad configuration, which then
depends on xmonad, xmonad-contrib or xmonad-extras
(e.g https://github.com/dan-t/xmonad-config).

This made it a lot easier for me to rebuild my xmonad configuration
when updating anything on my system.

Greetings,
Daniel