[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] Cabal-22.214.171.124, cabal-install-126.96.36.199, Cabal-188.8.131.52, and cabal-install-184.108.40.206
emilypi at cohomolo.gy
Fri Oct 8 23:36:13 UTC 2021
The Cabal team is excited to announce the release of `Cabal-220.127.116.11`, and `cabal-install-18.104.22.168`.
## Changelog for `Cabal-22.214.171.124` and `cabal-install-126.96.36.199`
This is the fifth release of the 3.0 release series for both packages. This minor version release introduces a set of fixes for some regressions seen when the tool interacts with `autoconf`, as well as some fixes for regressions to the way Paths_ modules interact with non-standard preludes:
- Making Paths_ modules work with non-standard preludes again [#5962]( https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/5962 )
- Generate Paths_ module with qualified Data.List.last import so that compatibility with non-standard preludes is not regressed compared to cabal 3.4.
- Windows: redo the fix to breakage caused by new autoconf; the wrong fix made cabal sometimes fail with old autoconf [#7494]( https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/7494 ) [#7649]( https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/7649 )
- Reverts #7510 that failed on Windows when used with pre-generated scripts included in packages such as network, time, process.
- Adds a subtler fix/workaround for the deficiencies of new autoconf versions on Windows.
**IMPORTANT NOTE**: The last bug affects configuration files generated with `autoconf-2.70` or later. They will not work with `cabal-188.8.131.52`. Please either upgrade to `184.108.40.206` or the new `220.127.116.11` releases.
I'd like to thank the many contributors who offered patches, tickets, and other help in the preparation of this release. We appreciate all of your help!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Haskell-Cafe