[Haskell-cafe] Vectors, vector spaces and type-level Haskell

Stuart Hungerford stuart.hungerford at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 22:06:19 UTC 2021

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 2:35 PM Stuart Hungerford
<stuart.hungerford at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to model in Haskell two-dimensional vectors that "belong to"
> or "have an ambient space of" a two dimensional vector space. I'm also
> ignoring for now the issue of which field the vector space is over. I
> realize this is not strictly necessary to just start using 2D vectors,
> but I would like to bring the vector space in as a first class
> concept.

After much googling and searching Hackage, I found these references
useful (note that "vectors" in these references sometimes refer to
arrays of fixed length and sometimes to elements of a vector space):

https://mmhaskell.com/machine-learning/dependent-types

https://serokell.io/blog/dimensions-and-haskell-introduction

https://hackage.haskell.org/package/linear-1.20.4/docs/Linear-V2.html

http://mstksg.github.io/hmatrix/Numeric-LinearAlgebra-Static.html