[Haskell-cafe] Seeking community input on change to Haskell.org Downloads page

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 13:44:09 UTC 2021

Am Sa., 2. Okt. 2021 um 15:59 Uhr schrieb Tom Ellis <
tom-lists-haskell-cafe-2017 at jaguarpaw.co.uk>:

> The Haskell.org committee is considering a change to the [Haskell.org
> Downloads page]. The change is being reviewed in a [GitHub PR]. [...]

What's the current state of affairs regarding duplicate toolchains? If one
follows the suggestions on the PR and installs most things via GHCup and
installs stack separately, don't you download and install all GHC versions
twice? IIRC, this was the case in the past, but I might be wrong. If that's
still the case, some warnings about that might be appropriate on the
download page, because this duplication would waste hundreds of GB on
disk...