[Haskell-cafe] What is Data.Vec.DataFamily.SpineStrict.Pigeonhole and why is it following me?

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 04:59:50 UTC 2021

No, this seems to have nothing to do with the pigeonhole principle. It
seems to be about the sizes of length-indexed vectors. The "pigeonhole
size" is just the vector length, available at the type level. This all
seems to be about matching up vectors to representable functors. So it
would match up

    data Foo a = Foo a a a a

to the type of vectors of length 4, giving functions to convert between
them. I'm ... not exactly sure what purpose this serves.