[Haskell-cafe] haskell-ci problems

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 16:34:59 UTC 2021

Am Sa., 13. Nov. 2021 um 16:11 Uhr schrieb Simon Jakobi <
simon.jakobi at googlemail.com>:

> the issue is in fact very simple. You have generated a config for Travis
> CI, not one for GitHub Actions! [...]

Embarrassing... :-} Thanks for the quick help, things are looking much
better now, even GHC 9.2.1 works out-of-the-box! I *did* look into the
haskell-ci code to figure out how to generate a workflow instead of a
Travis CI configuration, but my copy-n-paste-fu was obviously not strong
enough. :-] The haskell-ci README could need some love: GitHub actions are
not mentioned at all (you have to use "git log" to figure out that they are
supported), OTOH Travis CI is all over the place, although it is
effectively dead.

Thanks to the haskell-ci team, the tool is great for lazy people like me!
Just a tiny bit of documentation plus some more advertising would be
great...

Cheers,
   S.