[Haskell-cafe] Want to join a Team and Looking for good first issues to contribute

Hima Bindu himabinduvsp1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 01:14:27 UTC 2021

Hi There!

I am Hima Bindu, a CS Undergrad in GVPCE(A), AP, India.
I like to be a polyglot and started learning a few languages, and came
across Haskell. I was fascinated by its laziness and learned it for a
couple of months. I skimmed through the repos, GSoC projects and a few
Twitter threads.

I want to contribute to anything that is beginner-friendly. It's
overwhelming but I want to give it a try. Looking for any kind of
suggestions or a walkthrough. This is very new to me, so please feel free
to point out if I'm doing something wrong or moving in the wrong direction.

*My area of interests:* Compilers(Currently working on one by following Bob
Nystrom's book), Operating Systems/Kernals(have no experience but
interested), anything related specifically to Haskell language(Data
Structures, error handling etc)

*Also, I eagerly want to join monthly meetings or something of that sort if
there are any. How can I do that?*
Really looking forward to your replies.

Thank you
Have a good day :D
--
*Hima Bindu Tenneti*

*Reach me here! <https://portfolios.talentsprint.com/~hima_bindu/>*

*Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for
machines to execute. --Hal Abelson, SICP*