[Haskell-cafe] Type inference for lambda function

Richard Eisenberg lists at richarde.dev
Thu Nov 4 13:39:37 UTC 2021

I'd be against just making it a warning. It means that you'd get a warning every time you have `let n = 3` in your code. Killing the MR without a warning is even worse: it means you'd silently get re-evaluation every time you have `let n = m1 + m2` in your code.

I will note that GHC supports -Wmonomorphism-restriction, which is exactly the warning that is requested in this thread, for those that want it.

Richard